Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Faithfulness

Father, how unfailingly
Your mercy you extend to me
Though I offend continu'lly
In all I'm not, but ought to be. 

How sharp I feel the lack, my Lord
When I consider all your Word
To which I know to match my ways,
But still rebel and make delays. 

So let that poignance match the nails
Which you delayed not to impale
Christ, who became my sin's redress
That I'd become your righteousness. 

And with that mercy, send your grace
To lift up my downturnéd face
By strengthening me in your ways
To run enduringly this race. 

Uphold me that my steps not fal-
Ter til your will in me is done
For the sake of the prize of your upward call:
To be formed to the image of your Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and comments are welcome. Please keep them meaningful and appropriate. If you would prefer to send a private email, I can be reached at Sean.M.Eha@gmail.com.