Thursday, May 11, 2017

Evensong

Evensong

When evening colors streak the sky
And I fall in love with the fading light
With the dark-blue restful hues
And the restless breezes blowing through
That mark the changing of the times
From light of day to light of night
(For both are in their own way bright
-- Oh grant me, Lord, both eyes and sight!)
Though I am not a seer
Let it be Your voice I hear
In the trees' swaying, cicadas' playing, and the bats' calling
At nightfall.
And for Your own Love's sake
Let it be Your love I take
In the sun's rising, birds' harmonizing, for my eyes' waking
At daybreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and comments are welcome. Please keep them meaningful and appropriate. If you would prefer to send a private email, I can be reached at Sean.M.Eha@gmail.com.